Term 3 Classes

I'm officially done my first week of Term 3 and I am really excited about all of my courses this term (and happy to be done with manual drafting!). I'm kind of jealous of all my friends on summer break now. I didn't give much thought to how tiring three straight years of schooling might be!
Here is what I'm taking this term:

1. AutoCAD 1
Woooo finally learning AutoCAD! I couldn't be more excited, I think it will make the whole process so much easier....once I get the hang of it that is. We spent our first five hour class just learning different ways to draw lines. Going to be many hours on the computer this term!
via
2. Design Studio 2
In term two we designed a condo for Design Studio 1. This term, we are designing a 9000 square foot corporate office for a company of our choosing. The space is to include (among other things) a kitchenette, lounge, conference room, office spaces, meeting rooms, training room, reception, mail room and file room. Quite the leap! I think I am going to design a PR office for Kate Spade New York. I love the playful colors and bold patterns used in their retail stores, and I think it would be fun to interpret that into a corporate setting.
Some Kate Spade Shop Eye Candy &Inspiration:
via Toronto Life
via Contract Magazine
via
1. Rendering 2:
Similarly, for rendering 2, we need to draw up a reception and waiting area for a different company's office space. For this one, I've chosen to go in a bit of a different direction. While Kate Spade is trendy, flashy and eclectic, Tiffany & Co. is classic, traditional and glamorous. Again, interesting to conceptualize into an office environment. Lots of architectural detailing which should make for an nice (and challenging) rendering...and I will have to find a Tiffany Blue Prismacolor marker!
via Architectural Digest
via Architectural Digest
Our final project is to render a hotel lobby, but I haven't thought that far in advance yet. I will probably try my hand at something tailored and masculine. I figure school is a good time to try out all different styles.

3. Building Systems
This is probably the least exciting of my classes. It will be a lot of pragmatic and technical information about heating and cooling, fire code, building code, etc. These are the less glamorous parts of the job, but some of the most important to know. (No fun picture for this one...although I could show you guys some air return vents).
 xox
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment