Advanced Residential Project Inspiration: Piano Room & Sketches

First and foremost, I want to send a huge thank you and a warm hug out to each and every one of you for the overwhelming amount of support, encouragement and positive messages that I received through the blog, instagram and e-mail regarding yesterday's post. My heart is so full at the thought of this community and all we do for one another. :) You are the best.

Now onto a more fun topic. Last week I shared some details on this term's design studio - a 4000 square foot residential property which we get to design from the ground up. We received the program and the occupants are a family of talented musicians. They have a grand piano.
I actually took piano lessons when I was younger and while I never made it too far (I always hated practicing when I could be outside playing) I still plan on taking my piano with me into my first real house. All of this led me on a hunt for some piano room eye candy.
Stacey Brandford Photography via Desire to Inspire
via Robert Brown Interior Design
Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles via Little Green Notebook
I'm consulting with a talented piano playing young man (we will call him M.) on this project as a client sounding board. He says he would want a wood coloured grand piano, rather than black. Something like this I'm thinking...
via Markdsikes
I mean, burled wood? Let me pick my jaw up off the ground. Simply stunning.

 And while I know last week I said that my favourite old house is the direction I wanted to go in architecturally, I am now considering really running with this piano concept. I've sketched up some ideas for the shape of the house inspired by the shape of the piano and am really digging it. Realistically when am I ever going to be able to design a budgetless custom mansion? NEVER! Why not push myself to do something outside of the box? Here's a peek at my initial brainstorming work:
I might have to start practicing again, feeling inspired! Do you play an instrument?
xox
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment